shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i built a shed out of the light weight breeze blocks and painted it with a good paint but the problem i have got is when it rains it sucks the water threw the blocks leaving it wet inside is there anything else i can do to stop this
cheers

Sponsored Links
i built a shed out of the light weight breeze blocks and painted it with a good paint but the problem i have got is when it rains it sucks the water threw the blocks leaving it wet inside is there anything else i can do to stop this
cheers

shed made of bricks :LOL: i though sheds were made of wood! could you either render it or clad it will wood?

cheers

shed made of bricks :LOL: i though sheds were made of wood! could you either render it or clad it will wood?

whats the mixture for rendering

batten it and clad with shiplap. Assuming DPC, DPM, and suitable roof.

Sponsored Links
Hi, wet shed,
assuming the base is concrete, and reasonably think, (say, 4" on 6"crushed clean hardcore, 9"deep/square at the edges) then simply knock it down and start again using either 4"conkers or real bricks.
Then you can clad it inside with 4x2" and cover that with insulated plaster board, not forgetting to fill the cavity between block/brick with 100mm.fiberglass.
If you then install a wooden floor on 4x2" and insulate similarly there and in the roof, with a cheap second hand double glazed window and a substantial reclaimed door, you will then find you have a good serviceable workshop/shed which will be warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and soundproof.
If you have had the forethought to install electricity, then you are set for life.
Hey presto....
Best regards Alan D (chessspy)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back