Shockgard sensor flashing amber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've just had a front window replaced and since the alarm sensor has gone back in (a Shockgard) it is now constantly flashing amber on the LED. Any clues as to why this might be the case?

It was basically removed and hanging by the wire while the window was fitted, but can't see any damage. It did set off the alarm when the cover was removed which is correct, and putting in my Pin it reset and pin again to clear error.

However this box is still flashing orange - all the other sensors on the rest of the house windows and doors are not. They do not flash unless you tap them.

I have tried setting the alarm and unsetting it as per some details I found on the net in another forum, but to no avail. This one still flashes.

I have tried setting off the alarm by tapping the sensor when it is set and this functions as required - the LED turns green and the alarm sounds.

On resetting the alarm - its back to flashing amber.

Any clues on how to stop this - apart from the obvious of cutting the wires..!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
First DONT Cut the wire .... This is all going to depend on how the shock sensor is wired AND what version your shock grad unit is 1 or 2 you will have to take off the lid and post a picture.... If your alarm sets ok and activates with the flashing shock guard let me know...

First DONT Cut the wire .... This is all going to depend on how the shock sensor is wired AND what version your shock grad unit is 1 or 2 you will have to take off the lid and post a picture.... If your alarm sets ok and activates with the flashing shock guard let me know...

Hi there,

Please see attached picture of the alarm with the lid off. The alarm does set ok and it activates with the flashing shock guard. In fact when I set the alarm the flashing stops. If I tap the sensor while it is set and the LED turns green the alarm activates.

It seems the brown and orange wires are not connected in the box. I don't think they ever were though. (also it has uploaded the pictures horizontally when in fact the shockgard is actually 90 degrees clockwise turn than that shown in the picture.)

Hope you can assist.

M.
View media item 76120
View media item 76119

Sponsored Links
Not got a bank of dill switches ? Can't tell from the picture .... Low res... So if you set the alarm the light goes off ... Yes .... Set alarm then unset it without activating the shock sensor .... Does the light come back on ?.... Ps you must set the system

Not got a bank of dill switches ? Can't tell from the picture .... Low res... So if you set the alarm the light goes off ... Yes .... Set alarm then unset it without activating the shock sensor .... Does the light come back on ?.... Ps you must set the system

Hi there,

No - not got a bank of dip switches now. The alarm sets normally but un-setting it (if thats the phrase) the light goes back to flashing amber again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back