'Short' WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small bathroom (2.46mx1m) that I would like to install a WC a shower and a sink. WC would go in the middle between shower at one end and a small sink on the other and so would require walking around the toilet to reach the shower.

Does anyone know a toilet with least depth that I can fit in the space here? How wide it is doesn't matter so much its the depth thats the problem.

Are there any other clever solutions to this - I know the size of the toilet seat is fairly fixed but is there a solution where cistern is moved out of way. Also, I had a small cheap toilet downstairs (broken and old though) which had a tiny plastic cistern - it was under 60cm deep - there doesn't seem to be similar things any longer.

Sponsored Links
Are there any other clever solutions to this
put the shower at one end, the WC at the other, and the basin between them. You aren't hoping to have a bath as well, are you?

photo or sketch would help

Not possible - there is a door at one end which has to open inside.

Got no pictures handy but below is ascii art impression with SH - shower, WC - toilet, S - sink :eek:)

[code:1]
|SH_________\_|

[/code:1]

you might manage it with a low-level WC (unlike a close-coupled. the cistern is not attached to the pan, but joins on with a plastic pipe)

Sponsored Links
How about a 800mm or 760mm quadrant would that help? Placing this where the door is and changing the door to a slider?

A WC with a high level cistern may help - The cistern is well out of the way overhead, so the pan can fit almost back to the wall. You just need room behind it for the bend at the bottom of the flush pipe.

I have seen a 'back to wall' pan installed against an internal partition wall,with the cistern mounted between the wall studs. maintenance access required removal of a vanity unit in the room t'other side of the wall. :rolleyes:

Could you re-hang the door to open outwards?

The door option:
The room is on mid landing half way up the stairs so while it would be amusing, the risk is that you knock someone down the stairs every time you open the door.
The high level cistern option:
Good idea and I already thought of that, problem is that its again room position dictates lower ceiling (normally 2.6m but here only goes to around 2.2m high). Also, I haven't seen any systems with high cistern below 600mm depth which I can do with a normal ceiling anyway.
Other ideas:
Quadrant wouldn't help much. Also being 1930s house, its got brick (load bearing) wall on one side and outer wall on other so no good.

Its really a case of finding the shortest WC money can buy. So far I found 600mm but the old toilet downstairs was 570mm (and was very ordinary) and I am hoping to find somethng that depth again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back