• Yes, for this latest prank.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Yes they are boring and over-rated.

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • No, they are really, really funny.

Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many complaints do you think the station received in the two days following the broadcast of the show?....

So in the two days following the broadcast of this 'apparently' offensive tape (I am not making judgment I am merely stating that it was 'apparently' offensive to so many people), there were only 2 complaints!? The cynic in me would ask... Is this a case of a load of people jumping on the band wagon? I mean if this caused so much offense to so many people why weren't they compelled to complain on the day of the broadcast? In fact, why not immediately after or indeed during the broadcast?

Joe was the OP for this topic. The title is:
Should Brand and Woss be sacked?
His opening post was:
Well should they? Woss earns 6 million quid a year - and I for one, never watch the prat. Surely there are better unknown presenters out there that would work for a fraction of that and be funny and entertaining without being abusive. Waddya think?
I assumed like most others who have responded, that his post was in response to the now infamous broadcast. If it isn't but is just a general question regarding their worth then most of us have got the wrong end of the stick. If it is in response to that broadcast then their respective salaries have nothing to do with this tape/broadcast. If you think they are over paid then that is a reasonable point of view and may provoke discussion but it is a discussion for a totally separate topic/thread.

Sponsored Links
I don't think you had to of heard the show go out live to be qualified to make a complaint.

If you found out there was a live rape on tv last night would you not bother complaining because you didn't watch it, or don't normally watch the program on which it was shown? Extreme example but YKWIM.

Sponsored Links
If some one is paid millions to be funny you think would they could come up with something more original, you can hear that sort of humour anywhere without having to pay for it. Anyway i think Terry Wogan is funnier than wossy anyday.

Its all a bit farcical, from having seen previous dealings in these BBC sacking matters I can bet that the lady in question far from being thrown on the heap will have taken a very attractive package and probably be back on "Monday" working on a freelance basis and in doing so that the BBC will hope put an end to this nasty business I'm sure that there will be many more "volunteers" to resign when the next scandal rears its ugly head.

What of Ross? well being part of a certain "family"(not family in the relationship sense) of TV presenting and Broadcast Power personalities and i mean Powerful, that it will be very interesting to see how he is dealt with.

So, as suspected, a senior head has “woled”; but it's not good enough, are they trying to gauge reaction? I was originally a big fan but “Woss”, the egotistical bully, must go. I await with interest the publicised announcement by the Beeb but I suspect they will leave that till the 10 o’clock news; anything to boost the ratings I suppose!

And the expected "cop out" by the Beeb over Ross's 12 wk suspension rather than an immediate sacking, are they hoping that in 12 wks time it will all have blown over?

12 week suspension what a total crock of ****e. For making such obscene phone calls to an elderly gentleman from your company premises phone system would see any mere mortal not only loose their job but all their pension rights as well; if they ever had any in the "modern" work environment! But I suppose if you’ve been earning £6m a year it doesn’t really matter & I can see exactly what the Beeb are up to with this one!

BBC = Money for old rope for the "Old Boy's Network"

There are people there and i dont just mean celebrities, earning obscene salaries for doing relatively very little, its about time that an external audit was done there, though i suspect that as always there will be "ways of hiding wastage".

Poor wossy...how will he manage. :confused:

So he has been given 12 weeks off work (no pay) to enjoy the balance of this years salary (about £4.5 million) :rolleyes:

As previously mentioned if this was an average guy in the street who had used company time/premises/equipment to harrass a pensioner they would have lost their job and probably be facing prosecution.

While scanning through the channels i'm sure i saw wossy's brother on a shopping channel perhaps he can get (johnathan) a job there.

I think they mean he'll be suspended by the goolies for 3 months.

Sponsored Links
Back