Should I put additional blocks under the bath legs

Been fitting baths for the last 15 years on chipboard/floorboards,never known any leak to cause any major problems. ;)

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, guess we can all only go on our own experiences. :)

Wooden floorboards, agreed never had an issue, just a couple with bowing on older boards. Only seen breakthrough on chipboard and only when it got damp, so I always advise better safe than sorry now.

Fair point,the only time I add timber or support to a bath is to gain height. Each to their own experience,not criticizing any views. ;)

Indeed Jack and always open to different people's experiences that's for sure, it's how we all learn after all IMO.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the label it's Structural Ply (for use in Walls, Floors & Roofs) Adhesive is MUF+PF. Requires treatment for external use. It's getting used as a bath panel to tile.

Use Hardy Backer board for tiling on.

Nozzle

All hilarious......... no need to place anything under your bath legs. The flooring itself spreads the load over existing floor joists., adding anything else would be pointless.

Almost certainly the worst piece of advice I've seen for a long time

Loading c.150/200kgs on 4 points to chipboard flooring is asking for future problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back