Should we take more Syrian's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Germany wants them all isn't that the problem sorted? They can all go to Germany. Then Merkel will get ousted by an extreme right wing party and history's roundabout turns once more. Invest in Jackboots, you'll make a fortune.

Sponsored Links
The difference between refugees coming here or to any other developed country, and refugees going to neighbouring countries is that the ones coming here won't want to go back. Who could blame them?
So they become economic migrants as opposed to refugees, we can only absorb so many, and already have absorbed more than is healthy for our own economy and society.
Having said that the pictures of that dead baby on the beach are incredibly moving.
In Syria and Iraq there are Isis death squads driving around in 4 x 4's randomly firing at and killing the occupants of passing cars and pedestrians with machine guns. Vids on you tube if anyone doubts it.
The way they're terrorising and killing the local populations it's obvious that there is a deliberate plan of theirs to destabilise the west through sheer numbers of people fleeing for their lives.
It's working too, when are our governments going to get serious and wipe out this cancer? Or much better still, lean on the Arab nations, not to mention those complicit Turks, to get off their a*se's and do it.

VERY GRAPHIC!!! Don't watch that if you don't want to see people being klled.

300,000 arrived last year. Where is the new city to house them with the new hospitals, schools, police stations, fire stations and all the other infrastructure needed? Oh we didn't build it did we? They're just crammed in to what we have already.

Every single one of them makes my life worse.

Every single one of them makes my life worse
That's about the most selfish thing I've read on here. How has it made your life worse in any way that is actually measurable?

Here is the city a lot of them have come from. I don't think a lack of infrastructure is their biggest worry
homs.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nobody doubts there's a problem, but can't they be helped on their own continent? How many millions can Europe take? Sooner or later there has to be an end to the exodus. Shouldn't we be sorting that eventuality now? There's plenty of room in North Africa for UN refugee camps.

There's plenty of room here and lots of other places in Europe. People are dying, we can choose to help or choose to let them die. Pretty simple choice. We can help so we should. Longer term we need political and attitude change but before that we need to do something right now. The notion that one of the top 10 richest countries in the world can't do anything to help is laughable (well it would be if it wasn't so tragic)

As for helping on their own continent Lebanon, a country of 4 million people, has taken in over 1 million Syrian refugees. Makes the notion that Europe is full even more ridiculous

Last edited:
There is a clear division on here between those who want all these people to come here and those who don't.
The former insist that there's plenty of room here. May I ask where exactly? Theoretically, all of the recent immigrants could occupy a large city - that is the whole city, not just some places within such a city. Think about the necessary infrastructure: hospitals, houses, schools, shops, dole offices.
A question for those who want even more of these people: would you be happy to give them a room in your own house?

It's the people involved in encouraging the movement of people, i.e. people traffickers that should be dealt with.
Welcome to the party, I've been saying this for a while.
People traffickers are a sympton of the problem not the cause.

ay I ask where exactly?
There are around 700000 empty homes in the UK and enough empty commercial properties for another 400000. Maybe around 5000000 people. That's before we get onto brownfield sites and the 55,000,000 acres of countryside. I'm not proposing we concrete over the lot but to describe the uk as full is really stretching it.

Or maybe you are right. Maybe we should say **** 'em. If they were stupid enough to choose to be born in Syria rather than making the clever choice we did of choosing to be born here then maybe they deserve to die.

Last edited:
The "let them all in brigade" need to consult a dictionary to see the difference between a migrant and a refugee, under EU law a person fleeing persecution is obliged to register as a refugee in the first safe country they arrive in and as such these people who are storming railway stations cant be considered people who have no choice as they are leaving countries where they are not in danger of persecution.
The disinformation and dishonesty surrounding this subject is astounding, it could be due to the feminisation of society that politicians and other interest groups rely on the exploitation of the publics emotions rather than logic and common sense when dealing with this subject.
After WW2 there were 10's of millions of displaced people, the authorities dealt with this problem by building displacement camps for refugees ,the residents of these camps were fed and watered and given medical attention if required, they were then processed to ascertain their identity , they then stayed in the camps until their home countries were safe to return to or they were allowed to apply to emigrate to other countries all this was carried out in an orderly and humane fashion.

most off "these people" have risked death or extreme danger abject poverty spending there life savings
most will work far harder than the local population for lower conditions often in over crowded accommodation to better them selves
they are often very educated
and its simply a myth that they want to scrounge they want to work hard and pay there way they simply want a chance to a normal uncomplicated safe life
most want a stable country where they can sleep without the fear off death at any time
as a humane country we need to be more caring there plights are a thousand times worse than our situation on its worst day :(
If the only criteria we are going to use when assessing who should or shouldn't be allowed to settle in the UK is that they should have good intentions and nothing else then there are 100's of millions unfortunates around the world who should be eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back