Should we take more Syrian's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syria and similar are ****holes, full of voilence, corruption crime.

Same as the UK was hundred plus years ago.

100 so years ago women were seen as inferior, crime and corruption was higher and the people were generally ****tier.

Not sure what benifit these people will have to society any more than if you could timewarp our ancestors into the present.

The only reason to take them is to be charitable, and doing that only causes a flood of people to try and come (as they are), which is not sustainable.

Sponsored Links
The "let them all in brigade" need to consult a dictionary to see the difference between a migrant and a refugee, under EU law a person fleeing persecution is obliged to register as a refugee in the first safe country they arrive in and as such these people who are storming railway stations cant be considered people who have no choice as they are leaving countries where they are not in danger of persecution.
Yes, an often asked question. Why are these 'refugees' all clamouring to come to the UK and Germany?
What was wrong with Greece, Italy and Eastern Europe?
For that matter, what was wrong with Egypt, Saudi Arabia and safe Middle Eastern countries? Much quicker to get to as well.

I think we all know the answer!

Apart from the above -

Romania and Bulgaria are empty, aren't they, because they are all over here?

Anyway, they are relatively large and relatively lowly populated and also close to syria so, presumably have room for some camps.
I would think the problem is that no one wants to do anything and if they did the flow of people would be even greater.

The original problems must be sorted - but how?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There are around 700000 empty homes in the UK and enough empty commercial properties for another 400000. Maybe around 5000000 people. That's before we get onto brownfield sites and the 55,000,000 acres of countryside. I'm not proposing we concrete over the lot but to describe the uk as full is really stretching it.

The UK's education and health systems can barely cope with its indigenous population. The road network is creaking under the current strain, such that one shed load causes hours of misery, for thousands upon thousands.

The road network is creaking under the current strain, such that one shed load causes hours of misery, for thousands upon thousands.
Yes good point. Lets let these people die so we don't have to sit in traffic for an extra 20 minutes. We have problems here but they are nothing compared what some of these people are going through.

The road network is creaking under the current strain, such that one shed load causes hours of misery, for thousands upon thousands.
Yes good point. Lets let these people die so we don't have to sit in traffic for an extra 20 minutes. We have problems here but they are nothing compared what some of these people are going through.

Excellent point. As we in the UK are better off than 90% of the rest of the world's population, why don't we bring all of them over, too?

Excellent point. As we in the UK are better off than 90% of the rest of the world's population, why don't we bring all of them over, too?
Exactly. Then we can eventually fit in nicely with the World's other 10%. ie: Sh*thole

No one has to die, the UK has a moral and legal obligation help innocent victims of war and persecution but it is under no obligation to provide economic opportunity for illegal migrants.

One solution could be that countries like America instead of spending 100's of millions arming and training terrorists in places like Syria could use some of that money to support innocent refugees in the surrounding countries, Lebanon has over 1 million Syrian refugees many of whom live in squalid conditions , money should be spent to give these people a better quality of life and the incentive to stay where they are and not risk their lives trying to get to Europe.
The UK spends a lot of money in the form of foreign aid, so instead of giving it to people who don't need it why don't they give it to people who do and hopefully get a better return on their investment.

On Facebook last night, a friend had posted about the plight of these migrants/asylum seekers. Basically saying WE, have a responsibility to take them in. I responded by saying that if the UK took in around 3000, all that would do was empty the jungle in Calais, leaving the path clear for EU countries to re-fill it up.. (rinse -repeat ad infinitum) Him and his left wing mates, rounded on my post immediately. Saying it's our responsibility, as we went to war in the Middle East. I responded by stating that I personally hadn't "gone to war with" anyone and pointed out it was in fact the government at the time, who sent our armed forces,,, not me.
More left wing rhetoric later and they're still blaming the great British public.. F*****g idiots.

One thing I can't understand is that if these countries have been fooked up for years, why are there so many babies and little kid, and pregnant women amongst the migrants? Would YOU bring a child into the ****-hole of a country where they were living? "Oh darling, we have nothing to eat and our house has been bombed". "Never mind my love, get your knickers off".

Copied from The Telegraph:

'We do not want Muslims in Hungary'

Viktor Orban, Hungarian prime minister, does not want Muslims in Hungary because of the apparent consequences of having large numbers of Muslim communities that he says exist in other countries.

"All countries have a right to decide whether they want to live with large numbers of Muslims in their countries. If they want to, they can. We don't want to, and we have a right to decide we do not want a large number of Muslim people in our country.

"We do not like the consequences of having large numbers of Muslim communities that we see in other countries, and I see no reason for anyone to force us to create ways of living together.

Also:

An Egyptian billionaire has offered to buy an island off Italy or Greece in order to rehouse hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing Syria and other conflicts, Louisa Loveluck writes.

Naguib Sawiris, the 10th richest man in Africa, announced the initiative on Twitter, but said that he had not yet approached the Italian or Greek governments about his plan.

"Greece or Italy sell me an island, I'll call its independence and host the migrants and provide jobs for them building their new country," he wrote.

In a television interview, Mr Sawiris said he would approach the governments of Greece and Italy about his plan. He later told AFP news agency that it would involve giving "temporary shelters to house the people, then… employing the people to build housing, schools, universities, hospitals.”

ay I ask where exactly?
There are around 700000 empty homes in the UK and enough empty commercial properties for another 400000. Maybe around 5000000 people.
With all these empty houses, how is it that we have so many Brits living on the streets?

because people move for work causing shortages in some areas and gluts in others
the excessive housing is in area where large industries have closed down forcing people to get on there bikes leaving empty houses
other houses are empty through death and the relatives have no funds to repair the house
others are held as investments and others because there are more houses than people needing accomodationjust google "houses for a pound" for more information
a single adult in most areas will not get enough in "housing benefits" to pay the actual rent the maximum they can claim is way less than £100

at present 18 and 19 year oldes cannot claim any benefits so have an argument your on the street

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back