shower cabin question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dad wants to buy one of the hydro massage shower cabins without steam.

We first saw it in Wickes but it was £1300 then we saw one in a local bathroom shop for £700 (looked the same)

Ive found some on the net for £400 but they are not therostatic showers like the one in wickes, can you tell me what the difference is and does it matter?

Thanks

Michelle

Sponsored Links
In simple terms, thermostatic mixers (try) to keep the water at the same temperature when, for example, someone turns a tap on elsewhere and "steals" hot or cold water away from the shower.

A manual shower doesn't do this. that's why they're cheaper!

Whether you need a thermostatic one or not depends on what sort of hot water system you have (combi? cylinder? etc).

Thanks for the reply

I have a combi boiler system.

Someone told me therostatic showers did not work well for the shower cabins, what kind is best to buy?

Thanks for the reply

I have a combi boiler system.

Someone told me therostatic showers did not work well for the shower cabins, what kind is best to buy?
Since you have a combi, I'd go for the thermostatic.

Sponsored Links
Although the combi will present mains static pressure at the shower valve, you ought to check that the DHW flow rate of your boiler is sufficient for full effect of the shower cabinet.

The new shower is to be installed in the downstairs bathroom, we already have a therostatic shower upstairs and that works great so does that mean this one will?

No, it doesn't. You need to check the minimum required flow rate for the cabinet you intend to buy and make sure it doesn't exceed the flow rate from your boiler. Also consider the possibility that you may wish to run both at the same time, and the effect this will have on performance, it may stop both working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back