SHOWER DIAGRAM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading a lot on here about fitting an electric shower..

CU...to rcb....to dp stch to shower...

would it be possible for someone to come up with a diagram for us numpty`s to follow...

Sponsored Links
I have to say, that if you can't take a twin & earth cable from the CU, to an RCD with L & N terminals marked, and then to a switch with L & N terminals marked, and then to a shower with L, N & E terminals marked, without a diagram then you probably shouldn't be attempting it....

all I was saying Mr Ban was that there seems to be alot of peeps asking the same question in different manners..so & diagram would be useful...thats all

I`ll just get back to ma custard!!!! :rolleyes:

I guess that BAN's reply would apply to the others asking the same question in different ways as well.

Sponsored Links
Yo.

I'm not trying to score points, or make people feel small, or massage my ego.

Electrical work should only be done on the basis of a good understanding of what you are doing, particularly in bathrooms, and with high current appliances.

Installing new circuits, connecting RCDs etc is not just like fitting a plug.

This is not a case like, for example, a 2-way switching circuit, or a loop-in ceiling rose, where a diagram is genuinely useful to show how it works.

Honestly, if someone is so unsure of what to do in this case that they can't do it without a diagram to follow then they really should not be attempting it.

ban-all-sheds said:
Yo.

I'm not trying to score points, or make people feel small, or massage my ego.

Electrical work should only be done on the basis of a good understanding of what you are doing, particularly in bathrooms, and with high current appliances.

Installing new circuits, connecting RCDs etc is not just like fitting a plug.

This is not a case like, for example, a 2-way switching circuit, or a loop-in ceiling rose, where a diagram is genuinely useful to show how it works.

Honestly, if someone is so unsure of what to do in this case that they can't do it without a diagram to follow then they really should not be attempting it.
agree with you there. whats hard about a piece of cable with an RCD and switch along the way? if you dont understand that, there is no chance of you understanding how to select the correct size cable etc

mummy will they be hanging christmas decos in Vietnam ....

They might be hanging some Glitter this year!!!!! :evil:

I know i'm sad, but i was bored . . .

showerdiag6ba.jpg

and i am very proud of that too.

But still, if you couldn't figure it out yourself, should you really be doing it . . . ?

I hate to think how many people who wouldn't have done so before will now try to attempt to install this circuit as a result of seeing this marvellous drawing! :LOL:

Of course people who are plannin gon referring to use this drawing - don't forget that the DP switch must be in the correct zone within the bathroom - but of course you all knew that anyway....didn't you?

And don't forget to test the tripping time of the RCD, the insulation of the cable and end-end R1+R2

ban-all-sheds said:
I'm not trying to score points, or make people feel small, or massage my ego
And don't forget to test the tripping time of the RCD, the insulation of the cable and end-end R1+R2

What would you written if you were trying to make someone feel small?

Ban ,
Is that French for something?
Is it the new Harmonised European Language?

nickyross said:
What would you written if you were trying to make someone feel small?
Yeah - you're right - well spotted.

Of course you should just stick the cable in - I mean, what could go wrong if the RCD didn't work, or a cable carrying 40-45A was faulty, or had no cpc continuity, or a poor connection somewhere?

ebee said:
Ban ,
Is that French for something?
Is it the new Harmonised European Language?

Celui qui vit sans folie n'est pas si sage qu'il croit

He who lives without madness is not as wise as he thinks

It was only when I thought I'd try and find out who said it that I discovered that it's not French - it's a Chinese proverb, so I guess I should change it......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back