SHOWER DIAGRAM

well done crafty....

I think that the diagram should hang in the TATE next to EMINS latest masterpiece of an open tin of sardines.... ;)

Sponsored Links
blueblob said:
well done crafty....

I think that the diagram should hang in the TATE next to EMINS latest masterpiece of an open tin of sardines.... ;)
cheers for the compliment . . . (i think :confused: )

blueblob said:
well done crafty....

Or better still, in front of it! :D

Cheers,

Howard

The saga continues.. :confused:

I bought a 7.2kW shower......on a 6mm cable...double socket switch..to Consumer unit with RCD on a 30 amp...

I turn the shower on set the POWER SELECTOR SWITCH on HIGH sitch the shower via water control knob & turn anti clock wise from star to about
9 O`clock mark...the water comes out hot...weeee hheee....

But not much of a water pressue.....if iturn the WCKnob around to 1 O`clock the water comes out fast but cooler to cold.

any idea what I can do to increase my water pressue so that the water comes out if such force that if it hits my eyes I will end up looking like a panda...er sorry got carried away there!!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Turning any tap/stopcock does not effect the pressure at all, just the flow unless you turn off completly of course. The only way to adjust the pressure is via a pressure reduction valve.
Pressure of water in your cold water pipes is dependant on the water authorities system pressure at your point of intake only.

it doesn't affect the pressure provided no water is being drawn, once water is being drawn then it sure as hell does affect the pressure.

Inside the shower unit there is according to the booklet a Pressure switch...can I increase the water pressure with in the unit!!!!

bluebob, this time of year, think about it, the incoming water is freeeezing, so you are not going to get top notch performance out of your shower, as the water has to flow slowly thru the shower to heat up sufficiently.

also, 7.2kw is not very powerful at all, and our 9.5kw shower struggles to give enough pressure at a "just right" temperature, this time of year. Summer, it wacks out hot water like no tomorrow. You will have to find a balance between pressure and temperature, im afraid.

suppose youre right...I suppose I was a bit of a tit buying 7k

what the highest shower I can run on the 6mm 30amp please!!!! :rolleyes:

7.5kw :rolleyes: and that's pushing a 30 amp MCB past its limit - sure its not 32amp?

you do the maths (I=P/V) 7200/230 = 31.3amps, you might get away with it, but the MCB will run warm and might trip after, say, 10-15 mins constant use.

Just wait for summer . . . your shower will belt out lovely warm water ;)

Crafty it is very important that you realise that I iz fick!!!! :cry:

on the 6mm dib dob cable what is the highest shower I can run ?

also can I just change the 30 amp fuse to a higher rating ? is 32amp fuse on 6mm cablef :rolleyes:

blueblob said:
Crafty it is very important that you realise that I iz fick!!!! :cry:
Then please stop messing with your electrics - it's not a suitable task for someone who is too thick to do very basic maths.

on the 6mm dib dob cable what is the highest shower I can run ?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/4.3.1.htm

http://www.kevinboone.com/cableselection_web.pdf

http://www.kevinboone.com/cablecalc.cgi

also can I just change the 30 amp fuse to a higher rating ? is 32amp fuse on 6mm cablef :rolleyes:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=81696#81696

Or a shortcut instead of all the above: click this.

Calculate your shower rating as KW (Max stated) divided by 240 for actual amps. 230 is just the notational voltage but in practice it has not changed nor will it in the forseeable future.
Most manufacturers now quote both 230v & 240 v figures so the highest one you see say 7.2KW is at 240 volt.
Static pressure is dependant upon supply,
Running pressure is really flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back