Shower fitting issue 15mm compression or pushfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new shower that asked for a 15mm brass compression how ever I went to b&q and the plumber said go for the the pushfit as its quick and easy . Anyway my question is do I need to use the brass compression if so will this be ok to be used on plastic pipe?

Sponsored Links
You can use push fit plumbing for joints , except the final connection onto the shower inlet which must be 15 mm compression to ensure water tight connection.

If the manufacturers instructions ask for compression that's what you should fit, use copper olives not brass and an insert in the plastic pipe.

The connection is water tight the now with pushfit is there a reason why they was they want 15mm compression does it help water flow or something ?

Sponsored Links
Also now have a small prob where the shower is I tiled just slightly over the connection which means my freshly laid tiles 1 need to come off :;

As you've done it and it's watertight I wouldn't worry too much about it, it won't affect water flow.
One reason to do it as the manu's say is to give them no 'get outs' in case of future warranty problems.

Yeh wasn't the most expensive shower I think I could handle replacing it in a few years

the reason you have to use a compression elbow is because the shower spigot is not long enough to use a speedfit one

Speedfit do 2 types of tap connector. A brass swivel nut tap connector and a one-piece all-plastic tap connector:

large-speedfit-tap-connector.jpg
Speedfit-Tap-Connector-Female-Coupler_large.jpg

The OP does not say it is electric, but he seems to suggest there is only one connection. I hadn't spotted that.
Well spotted HT5!

oh htf got in first, but he didn't take the mick as much as i would have ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back