Shower fittings - Electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Question regarding a shower if anyone can help answer please.

I want to install a electric shower and will need to run a new electric cable to the meter.

The bathroom and the electric meter are both downstairs.

The quickest and most logical cable run would be to run the cable from the meter under the floor boards and up the bathroom wall on which I intend to install the shower on.

Now my question is, is running the cable up the bath room wall as apposed to down from the ceiling allowed and a acceptable practice?

Sponsored Links
Yes - as long as it complies with safe zones (and all the other regs.)

Notifiable as it's a new circuit.

Hi Newboy,

Thanks for you very quick replay. Really appreciated.

When you say safe zone, the cable will run up the wall directly behind the bath. So basically if you look at the bath end with the taps, the cable would be chased in the wall behind it upwards.

Is that OK.

vertical or horizontal to the shower unit

High current load - would suggest that you get a sparks in to make sure that the circuit is spec'ed correctly

Sponsored Links
Hi newboy, thanks again

I'm a little confused, the cable would be run vertically upwards into the shower unit.

Is that what you asking?

Why not post this on the electrics forum and they'll tell you all about RCD protection ,cable specs, notification, safe zones etc etc .

The cable can be routed vertically up from the floor into the shower.

The question then is where will the isolator switch and the cable to/from it be located?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back