Shower keeps running once turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton mira enthuse shower. Finished showering knocked it off by button but it's still running as if I never knocked it off. So i isolted water and electric and had a look, nothing obvious. Advice suggests it's the solenoid, but I checked the resistance and its 4kohms. Which goes against it being faulty.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
4K ohms suggests the solenoid coil is OK, but could be a mechanical failure within the solenoid valve.

when you say still runs is the flow still hot or cold water running ?

Sponsored Links
The button engaged but nothing happened. Continued to run hot. Knocked off electric then it ran cold. No change in water flow. So. I dont know of fault is with the switch or when someone said it was solenoid.

Is it a Mira Enthuse or a Triton? If you checked the solenoid and that's ok then surely that suggests it's not the solenoid and therefore something else? Say the switch .... I would have said maybe the board too but I don't think there's one in that box is there?

Does it run on for a long time or up to 30 seconds? Most modern electric showers run on to cool the elements down - prolongs life of the shower.

4K ohms suggests the solenoid coil is OK, but could be a mechanical failure within the solenoid valve.

I would check for voltage across the solenoid, when the shower fails to shut off. If there is voltage, then the relay/triac or what ever has shorted/welded up and holding the solenoid on.

I would get someone in who knows what they are doing before you kill yourself or someone else.

Is it a Mira Enthuse or a Triton? If you checked the solenoid and that's ok then surely that suggests it's not the solenoid and therefore something else? Say the switch .... I would have said maybe the board too but I don't think there's one in that box is there?
Mira dude. Doesn't have a circuit board.

if its still running hot then useally a switch fault. bypass the switch and test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back