Shower outlet threads to short.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have fitted a concealed shower valve and can still gain access to the rear of it.
My problems is fitting the outlet valve which supplies the shower head (see my images). When the tiles are fitted the threads on the valve are to short and do not appear through the other side. Therefore I cannot attach the outlet pipe from the valve.

Please can anyone suggest the best way to tackle this problem.

Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks fro everyones help.

I have Uploaded my new image and taken the option to "Show my images" hopefully now you should see the Image of the shower outlet. :oops:

Regards

Paul

Hi

Thanks for your mail. I'll try and get a couple of pics and post them in. If the outlet threads were about double the length that would solve the problem but lookig at other examples on the Net. This looks like the standard length of thread. So I'm thinking you have to fit some sort of connector between the outlet and the outlet pipe.

Regards

Paul

should have a 1/2" thread on the rear that go's in to a 1/2" wall plate.

p4753215_x.jpg

Hi
That looks like the sort of thing I am after.
Thanks for your mail. It does have a 1/2" thread. But looks like I still may require a cooneting piece.
I take it the wall plate screws into the back of the false wall not the front of the tiled area.

Regards

Paul

screw the wall plate in the wall (false or brick) so the front of the wall plate is about level with the finshed tile.

has the outlet connector not got a threaded part out the back ?

Hi

It has got a threaded part out the back but its only 15mm in length.
If I screw the wall plate to the outside of the wall it looks like the water feed to it will be on the wrong side of the wall (the wall is made of wooden board) . i'e on the Tiled Part of the wall.
Should the wall plate be secured behind the wooden board wall ? So its hidden

Regards

paul

screw the wall plate in the wall (false or brick) so the front of the wall plate is about level with the finshed tile.

has the outlet connector not got a threaded part out the back

Get some 15mm tap connectors solder some pipe to it so they will go through the hole, stick them on your shower then fix your shower to the wall. job done.

Hi

Thanks for your mail. I've Plumbed it with Flexipipe and push fits (as I'm not a Plumber :LOL: but really enjoyed the experience. Would it still be ok to use 15mm connectors with this. I take it the pipe would have to be fixed rigid at the back so the connectors don't come through hole.

Regards

Paul

fix the wall plate to a noggin in the wall.
then fit the plasterboard and tiles.
2448129109_b9eb3bb7e3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back