Shower outlet threads to short.

you can use pushfit tap connectors. it does not matter if the connectors poke through, just use pipeclips as normal to hold all pipework in place.

Sponsored Links
you can use them they are easier.
but not with the one you have you'll have to change it.

Hi

I can see where your coming from. My problem is. It is a wooden board false wall with approx 18 inch gap from the false wall to the main brick wall

Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi

That's superb. Thanks for your patience with me on this.

Regards

Paul

Does the fitting not have a male threaded end on it? just use a tap connector it is the easiest solution mate.

put the tap connector on first then fix the shower to the wall, have enough pipe to run through to the other side to fix the rest, simple.

so you remove say a bedroom plasterboard wall to fit a shower in a bathroom ?

:LOL: no strangely enough i don`t, however in this instance there is a false wall with access to the back, so a tap connector is the best method to do this particular job.

sorry yes didn't see the post on the op having access to the rear.
thats what you getfor not reading it fully.

Hi

I'm watching the discussion on which method is best. One question regarding this. I can get round the back but with the thread on the Outlet being only 15mm it is not long enough to go through the Tile and wooden board wall which is about 10mm. No thread comes through to screw the Tap connector onto.

Regards

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back