SHOWER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know how to post image so this is a link

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/PlumbingHeating/ShowerValves/d20/sd3000
This isnt the exact shower but looks a lot like it, there is no makers id on the shower.

I have been asked to sort a shower problem out. Customer had garage converted to a new bedroom with en-suite shower.

Builder has laid all pipework under concrete floor and then hidden behind shower tiles.

From what I can gather feeds for shower are taken from washing machine feeds, so mains cold, tank fed hot.

The problem is the valve is letting the cold water by and over flowing the cwsc via the hot expantion pipe. They had insurance company plumber come out??? who said the valve is knackered.

As this is in the garage ther is no direct way of getting either dedicated mains feed for new elctric shower of cold/hot tank fed for shower pump.

Any ideas chaps.

Cheers
Rico

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys,

Completely missed out the actual question.

How do I stop the water getting back through the shower on the hot side.

And do you think the shower they have will still work or do I need to get a new one.

Rico

Sponsored Links
Youll have to replace the innards or the whole shower but its not good that its been taken from the W/M pipes !!

Thanks Gasman,

I cant see for sure but I think he will have teed into the copper supply pipes.

Does this sound like I will either have to fit a non return valve on the hot supply or just get a shower with one built in.

Cheers
Rico

It will restrict the flow with non returns so if you do put em on both to even the pressure,, is this a combi boiler or cylinder?

You cant have a shower fed with 2 different pressures :confused:

the hot will have to be pumped or a cold will have to be brought down from the tank in loft..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back