Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am after some advise on my shower. I've recently moved into a new house that has a mixer shower (unknown make). The cold water is mains and is very high pressure and the hot water is from a tank fed by a header tank.

During the summer months the temperature of the shower is fine, however as the temperature of the cold water has decreased, so has the shower, it is now barely luke warm even with the shower adjusted to maximum. I have removed the shower casing and there appears to be no adjustments that can be made, also the temp is controlled by a handle that depresses a piston that even when I remove the handle and press in manually does not significantly effect the temp. If I remove the showerhead the temperature of the water coming through the hose is fine. Also when a nearby water main burst, the cold water pressure dropped and the shower became hot, same thing occurs if I run the cold bath tap at the same time.

I would be grateful for any suggestions to fix the current problem with the existing shower? If not, do I need a new shower and what type would be best for this type of plumbing where the hot and cold pressure differ so greatly?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
what make/model shower is it ?

most showers require balanced pressures.
so you'll be better to replumb the cold so it runs from the cws in the loft.

Thanks for the reply.

There is no make or model any where to be seen on the shower so I unfortunately don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back