shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there guys, i have an electric shower and recently i have been having trouble getting pressure when i want the shower at a reasonable heat. On cold setting the pressure is fine and it blasts through the shower head, but as you turn the heat up the pressure drops considerably and turns in to an unuseable dribble.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and give a possible solution??

Cheers!!

Sponsored Links
What's the rating of the shower?

Does it feed from the mains or from the hot make up tank?

When the ambient temperature of the feedwater is down - winter time - then the pressure for a particular temperature will be less.

This is due to the shower always consuming it's full amps but temperature control is achieved by flow.

If it's as bad as you say then it looks like a new Shower is needed.

its a 9.5 kw shower, and it feeds from the mains. In the past i have put it down to the colder water feeding it in winter, but its worse than usual and the weather has been pretty hot!

Could it be possible that there is a limescale build up restricting the hot water flow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back