Shower Pump and JacuzziPump

Sponsored Links
Wago connectors, per se, could not be marked 'MF' - since, as above, they do not fulfill the requirements for 'MF' unless used in a certain specified way ('configuration').

If you buy a box of 100 ideal in-sure terminals, (similar to wagos) the packaging box is stamped with the MF in a circle logo, with no referance to boxes or configuration, so i wonder if its acceptable to use them in any standard box providing theres suitable glands/cable restraint, just as you may a crimp joint,etc

Sponsored Links
If you buy a box of 100 ideal in-sure terminals, (similar to wagos) the packaging box is stamped with the MF in a circle logo, with no referance to boxes or configuration, so i wonder if its acceptable to use them in any standard box providing theres suitable glands/cable restraint, just as you may a crimp joint,etc
Your guess is as good as mine (I've never heard of them) I gather that BS5733 imposes lots of requirements for an 'MF' junction box (e.g. as, you mention, cable restraint) which could not be satisfied by a 'loose' connector alone. - which is, I presume, why Wago don't put the MF logo on the actual connectors. I can believe that the terminals could be used as part of an assembly that was 'MF' but, as with the Wagos, that's a bit different from suggesting that the terminals/connectors themselves are 'MF'.

If they are using the MF logo on the box of terminals, I guess it would be interesting to ask them exactly what it means/implies?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back