Wiring my Jacuzzi Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted my new jacuzzi bath where my old shower used to be. I have taken the power supple from the shower (as my new shower will not be electric so I don't need it) and want to use it to supply the electricity to the jacuzzi pump.

The wiring from the shower goes direct to my main consumer unit and is the only thing on that circuit.

I am a novice at this although I have a basic understanding of electrics from my time as a vehicle mechanic.

My question is, what do I need to do to this 30 amp (cooker style) cable to be able to connect it to my jacuzzi pump (6.5 amp)?

Please explain in laymans terms otherwise it will go over my head.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Jimbo - did holmslaw really come all the way from Zaire to Cheshire and look at the job so that he'd know that

a) You don't already have an RCD on that circuit

and

b) The cable runs somewhere where a socket could be fitted?

And did he explain that installing one of those and then getting a spark to test it will probably not comply with the law?

Part P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back