Wiring jacuzzi bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I need some opinions please.
I recently bought a jacuzzi bath And am about to wire it in. My plan is to remove an old electric shower that I don't use and use this cable for the bath. The cable is already coming from an isolator switch. I am going to chase the cable into the wall to a new junction box under the bath. The motor will then be wired into the junction box.
Is it crazy to have a junction box under the bath?
Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I'd not use a std JB under a bath... I'd use a PVC adaptable box and a couple of stuffing glands

There are lots of junction boxes under baths. Just so long as they are accessible.

Big question will be about suitability of the existing supply.
You will need to install a fused spur with a fuse suitable for the whirlpool bath. This cannot be under the bath.
The fuse (in the fusebox) for the shower circuit may be way too big for the whirlpool.

And you must must protect this circuit with an RCD. You could fit a combo RCD/fused spur to do this.

I don't know what else applies in your case as this is a UK forum and you are in Ireland.

Sponsored Links
I'd also recommend re-routing the cable as once you have removed the shower there will be no clear indication that the cable is there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back