electrical help on jacuzzi installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone give me some advice please,im thinking of installing a bath jacuzzi were my bath is at the moment.do i need to do special wiring for this eg like shower back to cu.or can i connect to the ring main via a fused spur.

Sponsored Links
What is the current rating of the jacuzzi?
Please note that this work will be notifiable to your local area building control under part p of the building regs.

thanks spark 123 the answer to that is i dont know as not bought it yet.so are there limits as to what or how i wire it in.so what would be max rating if i wanted to spur it in on socket circuit.your reply is much appreciated

It needs to be RCD controlled.....Is it.

Mine is ;)

Jacozzis are the best!

Sponsored Links
Does it have a heater built in? Generally it is OK to have an appliance of up to 3kw connected to a ring circuit, although in reality you'd need to take into account what else is connected to the ring circuit too. Your supplementary bonding will also need to connect to the circuit supplying this, and has been pointed out an RCD will probably be specified.

thank you gents you have been very helpful i will now try and get the info of the product at least i have a better idea thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back