Shower pump stalling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Turner Monsoon 3 bar twin shower pump. This is downstairs from the bathroom under the hot water tank.

Last year I had a problem with the pump not pumping. I could hear the flow switches click on, but the pump would just hum and not pump. If I put a magnet next to the flow switches the same would happen. After about 3-4 attempts the pump would eventually pump properly. Once the pump had been started it would work fine for any subsequent showers, however the next morning the problem would return. This continued until the pump stopped working all together (it still clicked on, but didn't pump).

I spoke to the shower mixer people and they sent me a new mixer valve and new non-return vlaves. This seemed to solve the problem (although I'm sure it didn't work immediately after the replacements were installed)

Almost 9 months later, the pump has started playing up again with the same problem. It may be coincidental, but the problem started at the first hint of cold weather. I have also found that if I drain down the pump to shower feeds, then the pump will start first time.

Do you think I need to replace the NRVs again, or is there something else causing this problem?

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back