shower replacement question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First post....I have an ancient newteam nt 3000 shower - see links for further info.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/newteam/nt3000.html

http://www.newteamshowers.com/proje...esources/NT3000-TManual/$File/NT3000-TA4.HTML

It is on its last legs - has been for a while. I need to switch it on/off via the power switch/fuse box, rather than the shower unit itself, plus the pump (?) is making a loud grinding noise!

I would like to replace it asap and I am wondering what my options are? I have a standard boiler (not combi) on ground floor and water supply from a cold water cistern in roof and a hot water cylinder in bathroom.

I am a novice so if questions stupid, that's why...

can I replace the shower with a similarly operated system (i.e. a power shower) and pretty much place it where the existing unit sits, using the existing water feeds and power? Thus allowing me to not have to re-route pipes, use existing showerhead etc.

I'm guessing unllikely as the power uses a transformer according to the manual and this plus 15 years of legislation probably mean it is unacceptable today?

If not, from my limited research, assuming I have sufficient water pressure (which I think I have as a shower runs okay from the mixer bath taps, would I be right in thinking that I could fit a thermostic valve and use the existing feeds?

Any advice welcomed - I'm thinking about re: answers to the above and what I need to tell any prospective plumbers/plumbing shops?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can put a new power shower in using the same pipes and should go in the same place but you will need to check connetions on new shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back