Shower pump motor overruning when water switched off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - as above...our shower pump motor is continuing to overrun when the water is turned off. The water stops flowing absolutely fine, but it takes several goes at fiddling with the shower controls to get the pump to turn off. Water looks as if it's being drawn from the cold water tank in the loft and hot water storage tank.

Pump is a Newteam, I can't find a model type or number on it, but it has all four pipes in a cluster a bit like the one here (although a few years older I suspect!): http://www.newteamshowers.com/projects/cnew001/web/PID.nsf/webpages/ProductsPumpsJetforce.htm

Is there anything simple we can fiddle with to try and resolve this? Any advice gratefully accepted!

Sponsored Links
Either air is trapped in the pipework...do the pump outlets feed any other taps etc or the pump flowswitches are sticking ie check with a multimeter.

Ta - have had a looky and it doesn't feed anything else, only the shower. I will smile sweetly at hubby re: the multimeter, hopefully he will know where to put it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back