shower switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customer wants to upgrade from 7.5 k to 10 k I am uping the cable to 10mm but the customer wants to keep the pull switch which is 40mm from the shower sliding door I have advised that a wall switch on the outside of the en-suite will be compliant where as the rejigged bathroom has the pull switch accesable from within the shower cubicle which is not am I interpreting the regs with regards locations with bath or shower wrongly
DM

Sponsored Links
If it's a pull switch it meets the regs - the only accessible part of the switch from the shower is the string.

PJ

I will have to get the osg out I am thinking the switch will within zone 2 I will have to wait till the morning as it's on site I took it out the car to check and got involved with some other distraction don't you hate it when the place is full of plumbers tilers and joiners all getting in the bloody way of a quiet cup of tea and a jammy dodger

Sponsored Links
If the body of the switch is outside the zones you're OK.

If the switch is just outside the shower door, then as long as the lowest point of the switch body is higher than 2.25m off the floor, you're in.

Good God! Whoever heard of someone being electrocuted by contact with a pull-cord - or even the plastic body of its switch whatever its location?

Perhaps pull-cord switches should be mounted at the end of the street with a strong nylon rope to activate them - just to be on the safe side......

Lucia.

Good God! Whoever heard of someone being electrocuted by contact with a pull-cord - or even the plastic body of its switch whatever its location?

Perhaps pull-cord switches should be mounted at the end of the street with a strong nylon rope to activate them - just to be on the safe side......

Lucia.

Thats a good idea, there should also be two police, two fire trucks, two doctors and two paramedics waiting outside of each house, along with 17 plumbers, just incase :LOL: :LOL:

Personally, as experienced and demonstrated by myself as a nipper, ANY switch for anything within the bathroom which is not located within the bathroom will become the subject of great ammusment and horse play.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back