Shower Traps/Wastes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at fitting a chrome effect shower waste but seen that there are a few different types. I'm after one that has good flow to remove the water and also quite shallow in depth below the tray so that i can get a good flow on my waste pipe without it filling the shower tray.

My last house i had a raised tray with a waste that had the chrome dome top on and i found i had to remove to dome to get good flow.

I've been looking at the Typhoon Vortex wastes in plumworld but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these at it states you have to let the tray fill a little before these work?

My tray size is 1000mm x 800mm. I'd prefer to have the tray sitting on the wooden floor rather than have to build it up and have the pipe above floor level.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
My tray size is 1000mm x 800mm. I'd prefer to have the tray sitting on the wooden floor rather than have to build it up and have the pipe above floor level.
if you want it sitting on the floor the waste will have to be underneath the floor

What will be adequate room? If i sit the shower tray on the floor i have 175mm from the floor to the ceiling of the room below, this should be enough flow on a pipe over 2m to the outside wall shouldn't it?

Id use another trap other than the vortex one if it makes it easier

Sponsored Links
easy be enough long as you get a min of 18mm/m drop will be fine.

Thanks i'll remember that for when i put the pipe in. Do you recomend any certain traps to use, if you use a normal metal waste that you screw the plastic trap onto, can you cut off some of the waste if it protrudes to much under the tray?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back