shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a shower tray to fit in my bathroom,its in place and the 2 walls that it fits against are pretty square,a couple of questions for you
1.do i tile from the tray up,or run the tiles behind down to the floor?
2.i have been provided with a tray to wall seal which is a nice fit,it pushes down between tray and wall,only problem is its clear,and when offering a tile up to the tray you can just see it sticking out,do i silicone it in place and live with the piece showing(its not much) or not use it and try to create a seal with silicone,the tray has a slight lip around the edge to deflect water

i want to try and stay away from the tile edging you put under the tiles and create a lip because it looks hideous,any feedback is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Tile onto the tray, not behind it.
I'd fill the tray/wall gap with silicone.
I agree, those under tile strips look dire.
Are you tanking the walls?

Sponsored Links
when sealing the base kneel in the tray for weight , then use sealant ;)

Can I ask a stupid question? When you ask about tanking the walls, what do you mean? Is this something I should be doing (about to fit our new shower enclosure)?

Thanks
Nim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back