shower waste and bath waste crisis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a horrible plumbing job done last year just been dealing with it now its need urgent fixing

other than the leaking shower trays on all corner and plaster on wall a cracking on stairs due to wall being weakened or moved due to wetness.

the bath waste pipe and shower tray is on one pipe when i pull the bath on the plug the water is pushed into the shower before it was just a small amount now after trying to plunge the bath a little as it was blocked the backflow is huge!

when i plunge the shower the bath gurgles the water flows then when the gurgling stops the shower wast stops flowing fast.

theres no slope the lovely plumber left a nice straight line of pipe. one could argue a slight incline sadly

i cant access the pipe work under shower but i maybe able
to access under the bath

perhaps i can run the shower waster seperatly outside as a single pipe ?

i cant rip out and start again any suggestions of valves or pipework i need to add im a amatuer DIYer help please

Sponsored Links
Got to say that's shocking! Just can't imagine any plumber fitting the wastes in such away were you get a back flush into the shower.
Yes you can rerun either the bath or shower waste. Or employ a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back