Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a showers its not electric or anything but the part where you turn in the middle between the hot and cold tap you use that to change to bath or shower the water keeps gushing out of that part could it be that the valve has gone? :)

Sponsored Links
Do you have a bath mixer with a diverter valve?

Diverters are failrly simple, but knowing which one you have it's hard to guide you in taking it apart.

I'm slightly concerned by the word "gushing". What makes the gushing start, and, more importantly, stop?

Sponsored Links
The gushing starts when i change the mixer to use it for the shower the water jus gushes out of the diverter and it stops when i turn the water off if i can i will try and get you a picture.

Whats spiffing? I dont have a clue about plumbing im jus an electrician :D

Spiffing is the noise people make when munching on cream cakes and downing lashings of ginger beer. ;)

Ah ryt ok or downing a pint of beer :LOL: so what should i do get a new fitting or call in a plumber?

Do you want a picture of the water gushing out or just the taps themself?

Have picture but i cant seem to paste it on this msg for some reason how can i get it on this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back