Shrinking guttering joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Maybe it's just the cold weather, but my half-round plastic guttering (professionally installed several years ago) has shrunk apart in the central joint of long runs - both at roof height and on a ground-floor extension. In the latter case which is easier for me to reach, I have tried everything to cure it - unclipping all the joints and closing them up, even though it left the gutter a fraction short at one end ... but still it opens up again. In desperation I drilled a short bolt through each end of the bracket and gutter, and sealed over these, but surely that shouldn't be necessary! What is the answer?

Sponsored Links
They have been cut to short when they were installed.
The only remedy is to replace the affected lenghts.
Guessing they are black or brown.

Fitting another joint means that the gutter does not need to be replaced, as the space taken by the aditional joint, cancels the shortness of the length of gutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back