Siamp Compact 99b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this fill valve in 3 different toilets in our house.... they are all about 6 months old. (http://www.siamp.com/index.php?option=com_hotproperty&task=view&id=61&Itemid=42)

Suddenly I started to get a water hammer type noise when the valve shuts off after filling up. All 3 toilets started about the same time.

I took the Float Valve washer off and gave it a bit of a clean - sure enough this stopped the noise.... I did this on the other two toilets and that solved the problem on all of them - great!

However, about a month later it started again. Doing the same thing - take washer off, clean and refit, solves it for another month or so....

Is very annoying though... anyone have any thoughts as to what or why this would happen??

Should I just get a better fill valve and if so what's the best one to go for?

Sponsored Links
If cleaning solves the problem then presumably there is some dirt which you are removing?

Find the source of the dirt and stop it !

Have they replaced the water mains lately?

Tony

I can't see any noticable dirt on there - it is literaly take it out wash under water and replace.

I will try just taking out and putting back in again to see if it is dirt or not...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back