Siamp Intra cistern.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am installing a Siamp Intra cistern (see http://www.siamp.com/index.php?option=com_hotproperty&task=view&id=36&Itemid=42)
The water is obviously connected to the bottom of the float valve, which has a 15mm thread.

The problem is that I didn't receive anything in the pack to connect / secure the main water pipe to the bottom of the float valve. Looking at individual float valves, I can't see that they come with them either, so what do I need to buy??

Thanks for reading,
Ian

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you need a tap connector 15mm to 1/2 inch....the filter fits in the bottom of the float between tap connector and the float. Either fit a soldered tap connector, compression tap connector or easier still a 15mm to 1/2 inch flexi hose.....don't forget a service valve tho for future maintenance

I would suggest you need a tap connector 15mm to 1/2 inch....the filter fits in the bottom of the float between tap connector and the float. Either fit a soldered tap connector, compression tap connector or easier still a 15mm to 1/2 inch flexi hose.....don't forget a service valve tho for future maintenance

Ah yes - that sounds like just the ticket :)

I did wonder why it was called a float tap on the last link I sent!!

I already have an isolator valve connected to a copper pipe going striaght up into the float tap, so I'll probably just reduce the length of the copper and put a push fit tap connector on the end. Thanks for your help :)

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you need a tap connector 15mm to 1/2 inch....the filter fits in the bottom of the float between tap connector and the float.

So I have a speedfit tap connector like the following - http://www.screwfix.com/prods/48168...dfit-Straight-Tap-Connector-15mm-x-Pack-of-5#

I assume the idea is that I put the filter in the connection & then attatch it to the float. The problem is that the tap connector has a tube which goes up inside the float tube. The filter will therefore stop the tube of the connector going up inside the float tube.
Please point out my stupidity on how this works!

OK I'm still at a loss as the lady in the Plumb Center has just told me that all tap connectors are female...

So is it really a tap connector I need or something else :-S

Anyone?

I'm assuming I need one of these (Female Coupler)...
95406.jpg

rather than one of these (
Popup trolley.Straight Tap Connector)
13693.jpg

This will certainly allow me to put the filter between the washer of the Female coupler and the Float tap, but it doesn't look like it will provide as good a seal as the striaght tap connector which I can't see a way of getting the filter between the float tap & connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back