Siemens dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Problem with the dishwasher.

It seems the water trickles in very slowly into the matrix (the intake solenoid is operating). It goes through the pre-wash, then the programmer just stops (programmer doesn't bring timer motor back on).

I move it on a bit , but the water doesn't fill up and the heater glows red without any water!

I'm thinking there may be more than one fault.
Would you say the programmer is faulty? And just what does the round unit do after the intake solenoid? I pressume it's a diverter valve. It has the one intake (from the solenoid) and two going out; one feeding the top of the matrix, one feeding the bottom. I suspect there's something amiss here!!

Thanks in advance for any advise.
(Tried an engineer, but didn't turn up or ring, and doesn't answer his phone)

Sponsored Links
Any suggestions on what tests I could do?

I suspect the 'diverter' thing (if I'm right) on the water intake is something to do with the water softener process. As we don't have a problem with hard water (in Liverpool) I thought to take this out of the equation and just bypass it. Is that a good idea to eliminate it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back