Siemens Stratum 200 Consumer Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to obtain a replacement cover for a Siemens Consumer Unit as in the photograph.

img0858q.jpg

I believe it is a Siemens Stratum 200 Insulated Split Load Consumer Unit Model No.: CU 1283SL 66.

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0032/0900766b800322cd.pdf

I have contacted Siemens / Electrium but they say its now discontinued. Has anyone suggestions where I may purchase one where they may have some left on the shelf.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Realistically, eBay or some similar place is the only option.
The case looks identical to the older GE and VYNCKIER consumer units, so may be worthwhile searching for those also.

However - what's wrong with the cover it has?

Yes the GE Consumer Units look identical to the Siemens ones and they appear to be just rebadged versions of each other:

http://www.gepowercontrols.com/eu/r...er_units_and_MCBs_English_UK.pdf?SMSESSION=NO

Anyway, I've contacted Siemens and GE and several electrical distributors and there is nothing available so I've decided to get a new consumer unit.

The consumer unit is in my apartment which I now rent out. The tennants who have recently moved out damaged the casing - its chipped at the top two corners. No idea how they managed it.

How much work would be involved in replacing it? How long would an electrician take? My current one was fitted about 6 years ago. Is it case of a straight swap over?

Many thanks!

I am fairly sure that senate own brand sector boards were of that design but they have changed now. but another idea for you to type into a search engine!

Sponsored Links
How much work would be involved in replacing it? How long would an electrician take?
Full test & inspection of all of the circuits, some minor repairs might be required. Probably a whole day.

Is it case of a straight swap over?
Not usually, there would typically be various items to repair or upgrade. The new unit will be a different configuration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back