SIEMENS WASHING MACHINE GETTING DIRTY CLOTHES.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Every other wash our washing machine seems to cover our clothes with a grey colour mess making the clothes dirtier than when they went in the machine.Can you buy something to flush the machine out or is it bad news.We do live in Norfolk so is a scale build up causing the problem.Any advice would be great.

Mike..

Sponsored Links
this is often due to a buildup of soap and softener causing sludge, especially if you use low-temperature washes a lot.

Give it a HOT! wash, with NO powder, and some cotton towels. If you see them frothing up you will know it is dissolving soap powder that has built up.

Do it again.

When the hot water stops being soapy, you have got it clean.

This is a maintenence wash and you might find it mentioned in the machine instructions.

Pull out the soap powder drawer, and give it, and the slot, a scrub with hot water to remove any congealed softener and powder. If you find black mildew in there, spray and scrub with a kitchen clener that has bleach in it. the bleach kills the mildew, and then it comes off easier. I use a nylon washing-up brush (but personally, I have now taken to throwing the scoop of powder in through the porthole rather than into the drawer).

Also check the instructions for your powder and make sure you are not adding too much.

Sponsored Links
Dear John
I wish to thank you for your advice. This seemed to be the second time I have had this problem. It is simply annoying. The last time, the washing machine packed up eventually despite my many attempts to clean. I even took to brushing everything that I could reach and see. That did not help and the machine eventually dies. That was a siemens machine aged 5 years. Now we´ve had this one for a year now. It´s a Bauknecht. I will try your advice and fingers crossed, my machine will be ok after that. Thanks so much for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back