Silver Polos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure I've seen somthing like this, a polo shaped adapter to allow a new small downlight to be fitted in a old hole thats too big (I'm sure theres some inneuendo in there somewhere... lol :LOL: )

Anyone got any links or anything?, or have I been imagining things again...

Sponsored Links
the_jinj said:
Adam...tell the truth - did you cut out those holes too big? ;)

Not me honesty
images
...last owners DIY, downlighter in zone 2 (though in his defense, do zones apply if there is a shower area and no shower... :LOL: ), bit rusty as well and looks old fashioned, so need to replace them with IP44 ones, with more modern styling... or rather the electrician needs to...*grumbles about part P*

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
the_jinj said:
Adam...tell the truth - did you cut out those holes too big? ;)

Not me honesty
images
...last owners DIY, downlighter in zone 2 (though in his defense, do zones apply if there is a shower area and no shower... :LOL: ), bit rusty as well and looks old fashioned, so need to replace them with IP44 ones, with more modern styling... or rather the electrician needs to...*grumbles about part P*

Adam...you havnt even started your official electrical installation training, yet ive come to the conclusion that you know an awful lot about the job! have you any previous regarding electrical installation work? or ru a bookworm ;)

i read problems on this site and i think to myself - i bet adams got an answer for this one...and more often than not, you have! good work matey! keep it up! you already know 2330 level 3 stuff!!!!

yes they are made, they are made specificly for retrofitting those crappy old wickes and similar downlights that took screw ins(SES) i reckon

got one in the van to show people on that specific item, ill find out the make tomorrow :cool:

Bright_Spark said:
or ru a bookworm ;)
Yep, thats it :) , doesn't help too much with actually doing stuff though, lol, kneeling on a loft joist trying to get a bonding clamp tight in a slightly arkward position is not made any easier by anything i've read :LOL: :(

(thinks like getting into tight loft spaces will hopefully be a bit easier when I've lost a little weight, unfortunatly at the moment I rival big_spark in terms of size)

those rubbishy old wickes and similar downlights that took screw ins(SES)
yeah, thats what we've got in the ceiling atm (gold effect as well... ergh...) :LOL:

got one in the van to show people on that specific item, ill find out
the make tomorrow
Thanks SS :)

I think Adam is Ban All Sheds (undercover) .

What is your background Adam? I suggest you go easy on your lecturers cos you've probably read more than them.

supersparky said:
distributed by brackenheath briticent international, part number mlv/sc for satin chrome

Thanks SS :) , found the product on their website, but they seem to come with a light aready in it :confused: can these be removed to allow an IP rated light to be fitted?

you could, but you would have to use the long armed springs that are supplied else it will only grab on the plate and not get any of the ceiling

easy enough to change

also your IP light cant be wider than about 5.8cm as the hole is 6.0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back