Sime 80e friendly format

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bolier only fires for 10-15mins max then after this time, flame wont fire and i get no heating or hot water! - only way to get it to fire again is to turn switch to off, then flick back on again, works for 5-10 minutes, then flame wont ignite. Gets progressively worse. Divertor valve and circuit board replaced, but made zip difference apart from me being £400 out of pocket!! Corgi engineer has said it's a 'possible' problem with thermostat. Boiler is 6yrs old but engineer reckons it's in good order - yer right!!

Sponsored Links
maybe but easy to test with a thermometer, has he ruled out the pump? and why a divertor valve??. I presume that the boiler is shutting off to lockout due to overheat...is it the same when you run just the hot water??

Thanks for your reply... i think he has ruled out the pump, he cannot find anything wrong with the system, he even thinks the boiler is in good order - it was a British Gas engineer who diagnosed the divertor valve, but cos they wanted to charge £450 to fit, i went elsewhere. Yes same happens with Water. When system goes to lockout, it makes a low continous whirring sound, then wont ignite flame again till i switch system OFF the back on again and immedialtely fires for 10-15mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back