Sime boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 problems with my SIME boiler which is 7 years old (not sure if they are connected).

For the last couple of months I have had trouble getting my rads to heat to max sometime they do but more often than not they are luke warm even if the temperature is on max.
I've also got problems with the pressure, yesterday there was no pressure at all and then the pilot light went out.
I know that there could be a leak which would cause problems with the pressure but I can't find any leak at all. I have also bled all the rads
Before I get someone out to look at it I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what the problems might be :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I suspect the circulation problems are to do with the system rather than boiler (e.g. sludge). But leakage could be from boiler PRV or AAV - search on those terms to find more info, or better still check the FAQ topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back