SIME BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD SIME FORMAT BOILER BOILER,WHICH IS ONLY DELIVERING LUKE WARM DHW AND THE BOILER PRESSURE IS READING 3.5 BARG. AN ENGINEER CLEANED /SERVICED THE BOILER PUT THE DHW REMAINS LUKE WARM AND THE PRESSURE STILL REMAINS HIGH EVEN AFTER HE CHANGED THE NON RETURN WATER FEED VALVE TO THE BOILER.ANY IDEAS?

Sponsored Links
If this coincided with his visit, he has left a lead off the modureg.

If not, is meter control valve partially shut?

YES THE PROBLEM WITH LUKE WARM DHW AND HIGH PRESSURE ON THE BOILER WERE THERES BEFORE HE SERVICED IT/CLEANED IT.
HE LATER CAME BACK TO CHANGE THE WATER FEED VALVE(NON RETURN VALVE)TO FECTIFY THE HIGH PRESSURE PROBLEM.HE INFORMED ME IT WAS DEFINETLY FAULTY BUT THE HIGH PRESSURE STILL EXSIST ON THE BOILER.AND HE STLL HAS NOT SORTED OUT THE LUKE WARM DHW.SO FAR PAID OUT £165.00 AND RELUCTANT TO GET HIM OUT AGAIN WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY CHARGING CALL OUT AND NOT FIXING THE PROBLEMS.

Sponsored Links
If the sytem pressure is drained does the pressure gauge drop? Then does the pressure gauge increase over time without you actually topping it up ?
If so dhw heat exchanger faulty.

If not refill sytem vent rads etc.Now with tap on and boiler fired does any heat go down the central heating pipes. If so dv shot at.
If not then burner pressure/gas rate needs checking .Decent RGI should be able to sort you out.

Paul

Sounds like he hasn't addressed any problem - non return valves are nothing to do with high pressure...

PLEASE DON'T USE CAPITALS ALL THE TIME

Many thanks for the replies.
Previously i had drained the system pressure down via one of the radiators and i do believe it did rose again over a period of time.Will check it again tonight along with your other suggestions.

Paul

Have check system out as you describe and the pressure on the boiler gauge is building up over a period of time.The central heating pipes are not getting hot when the dhw is on .

You may want to call him back to fix the original problem and not charge for it. Clearly he is not addressing the problem. Ask for money back if he refuses. See trading standards or call CORGI.

I take it you have checked his CORGI card?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back