SIME Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Sime boiler- 6 years old- which is providing CH OK but Hot Water runs warm for a few seconds and then goes cold and does not get warm again. Had a plumber who changed diverter but no improvement. Also checked Thermistor, etc. Anyone any ideas before a new Boiler is considered. Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem with my sime halstead boiler, but I have yet to seek the advise of a plumber/ boiler engineer- and for the inexperienced here- what is the difference and where can I find a reliable expert in Nottingham?

well depends on the engineer

never heard of a sime halstead boiler as they are two seperate manufacturers

get the bloke back who fitted the diverter valve cos he got it wrong

my money will be on either a hot water themrister of the plated hot water heat exchanger is blocked (or partiallly blocked) on the central heating side

Sponsored Links
NO is there

My god what an abboration in the yes of nature that must be

LMAO

Hands up never come across one ever (praise be to god)

kevplumb said:
never heard of a sime halstead boiler as they are two seperate manufacturers

there is sutch a beast halstead sime trio 30/90 ;)

This is true - we also have a Trio 30/90 with some different symptoms at the moment - see here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43259

One thing we do have is the original documentation / troubleshooting manual. Would be happy to scan & e-mail it to you if you don't have it... (to 'denleigh' and 'Mand').

Have a Sime boiler- 6 years old- which is providing CH OK but Hot Water runs warm for a few seconds and then goes cold and does not get warm again. Had a plumber who changed diverter but no improvement. Also checked Thermistor, etc. Anyone any ideas before a new Boiler is considered. Cheers
plate exchanger.lime scaled. water flowing through does not give correct temp to heat sensor. which closes gas valve down. cold water flows through .sensor tells gas valve to open upagain repeats cycle. mjl gas.

plate exchanger.lime scaled. water flowing through does not give correct temp to heat sensor. which closes gas valve down. cold water flows through .sensor tells gas valve to open upagain repeats cycle. mjl gas.

think hes fixed it now don't you ?

also fit Ugauge to check if gas valve is openig up and dropping out
on high fire 14mb.to low mjl

Since the posting is from 2006 then I expect that it has already been repaired it a long time ago.

Since the OP called a plumber to change the diverter valve then I certainly dont think he is going to be competent to start measuring the gas parameters, dont you agree?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back