Sime Format 100C Boiler - Timer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sime Format 100 C boiler, it works fine when I switch it on, however I cannot get it so that it switches the heating on based on the timer. I've followed the instructions in the manual but am having no luck.

I have taken a picture to show you the timer and have set it to come on between half five and eight in the evening.

Cany anyone help?

Sponsored Links
have you tried moving the little switch to the timer position ,in the picture its switched off . when its in the middle its on continues ,when its at the top its working on timer also does the clock move and is it set for correct of day

Hi

Yes normally when I try the timer it is at the top. Clock is set correctly I think and does move with the time of day

so if roomstat is turned up and the boilers on winter setting and you click the little switch to the middle the boiler fires up , when on timer setting if you turn the clock manually does boiler fire up, if not clock probably duff

Sponsored Links
I don't have a room thermostat. Boiler is on winter setting, the switch is pushed to the bottom to be on continuous, in the middle is off. When on the timer setting, I don't understand what you mean by turn the clock manually

ok what i meant was with setting on timer .if you turn the clock dial with your hand clockwise it will simulate the passing of time so in a few secs you can see if the clock is switching the boiler on when it passes 5.30 + 8.00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back