Sime Friendly E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have moved into a house with an (old?) Sime DHW / CH boiler and no manual, so I don't know how it works. There are two switches on the bottom LHS and next to these two rotating dials with no graduations. I guess the switches are for on/frost protection and the dials for DHW / CH. Which way to turn, and which is which, though? I get hot water but luke warm rads. The is no manual on the SIME website (www.sime.it) as it's an old model. Does anyone know how to work the settings or where I can find a manual.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a SIME friendly boiler, the rocker switch on the right is for switching on the central heating, without the timer, the left rocker is for using with the timer. the left hand dial is for central heating temperature, the right for how hot the DHW will flow. My boiler also has a gray and white dial towards the right of centre for selecting the timer settings, each one of the segments depressed will switch the timer on for 15 mins. to the right of this there is a pressure dial.

hope this helps.

It may be called "Friendly" but is not very friendly when they have to be fixed.

The UK company was made to go bust last year but has emerged under the support of the italian parent and is on stream again and as far as I know there is a UK web site operating again.

We go to fix these ocasionally, mostly diverter valves, water leaks or failed fans.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back