Sime friendly format 80 E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, my boiler has been OK for the past 7 years, but now the boiler will only fire up for about 10 to 15 seconds. when the heating comes on and is calling for heat, the boiler fires up but goes off after about 15 seconds, the pipes leaving the boiler are only warm even though the stat is set on 80. The same thing happens when you turn the hot tap on,one thing I have noticed is that the flow rate out of the tap increases when the boiler is playing up. This seems to be an intermittant fault, some part of the day it all works fine, the next its playing up again.

Can anyone throw any light on this, I'm pretty good on control circuits and basic plumbing as I'm a refrigeration engineer.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that, I think I've sussed it. when I drop the front control panel down on its hinge the whole system works ok, I think there must be a dodgy connection in the panel or a broken wire, Im gonna look into it further

cheers

My similar problem resulted in a new igniter pcb - eventually. The SIME has two pcb's.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, since i've removed the rear of the control panel that clamps the cables in place i hav'nt had the problem. i can only see one pcb is that right for a sime 80E :?: the one i can see has the resister pots on it, where is the ignition one :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back