Sime super 105 mk2 pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daughter moved into a house with a Sime super 105 mk2 boiler. she had to have some plastering work done, so I removed a radiator. Whilst I was there I checked the boiler and saw water pressure was almost zero. Not being familiar with the boiler I couldn't see where the filling loop was, so said I'd look for the manual on the web. Meanwhile two days later she phoned me to say the pressure had suddenly gone up to 3 and the pressure relief valve had opened. I went round to have a look and sure enough it was at 3. I bled a rad to relieve the pressure and asked her to keep an eye on the pressure. I can't understand how the pressure has increased unless the filling valve is not fully closed. Any ideas on this?

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is continually at 3bar whether it is operating or not then either the filling loop is passing or the DHW heat exchanger is pinholed causing mains water to mix with central heating water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back