Sime super 90 boiler- accidentally upping pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is a new topic- I am a new member and found the site by referring to repair work that someone was doing on the same type of boiler, but I gather that I shouldn't add my problem to that thread.

I have, idiot that I am, inadvertantly (turning mains water back on whilst feed water tap to boiler system is open) sent my boiler pressure upto 3 bar. I've seen mention of a manual release valve in that other post , but no idea what it is or looks like... please...

Is it safe to use the boiler as it is and

Do I need to somehow (how?!) reduce the pressure back down to just above 1 bar where it was?

All this caused by trying to fix a tiny weep on incoming main stoptap! Arghhh! Any advice or help please, thanks

Sponsored Links
Try bleeding a radiator and let the pressure reduce.
Water expands when heated and pressure will rise and if it reaches about 3 bar the pressure relef valve will open. I believe they are not very good at sealing correctly after opening so best to avoid it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back