Sime Superior 80 - not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all. New to this so apologies if I get it all wrong.

Have a Sime Sup 80.
Yesterday went home to find no CH/HW

Timer was on so we should have been in business, and when I looked at the boiler it was trying to work. I could hear the fan start to run, but it would cut out when there was no ignition of the pilot.

Looked at the fault finding flow chart and from what I can see it may be the electronic control. Is this likely and are they easy to purchase?

Many thanks in adnvance for any thoughts

Sponsored Links
I have the exact same problem with my boiler. Fan starts, various clicks from within but no ignition. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

There can be many reasons for the boiler to light up.

However they are all gas ignition and control issues and therefore you should get a competent CORGI engineer to diagnose the fault.

Tony

Think my wallet is saying endure the cold for the day, and make the call out tomorrow :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There is no harm asking if its going to be more expensive today.

I will sometimes go out on a wet Sunday at standard rates just to ease the pressure during the week!

Tony

I don't usually charge anymore for weekend work, but I don't offer 24/7 service.

If someone has a fault that sounds simple I will sometimes go out to it, but if it sounds like parts are needed then why go, no parts suppliers are open, so all you do is get charged for someone saying 'I'll come back during the week with the part' :eek:

That is unless you are lucky enough to be in Tony's patch as he seems to keep quite a good stock of spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back