simple doordell replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to replace a Friedland Surf doorbell with a simple one that I can hear.

The Friedland doorbell has two wire casing coming in and it is connected to a transformer. From both casings an orange/white wire is going to connection 1 and blue/white going to connection 0. From one of the casings a brown/white wire is going connection 3. There are more wires, 1 brown/white and 2 green/white not connected.

On the new bell, Byron loud bell, there are only two connection points, one for a wire from the transformer the other for a wire from the doorbell. My question is does anyone please know which wires I connect up to which connections?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Sponsored Links
On the Friedland Surf:

Transformer is to 1 + 3

Bell push is to 0 + 1

You'd probably join the two wires to 1 in a piece of terminal strip, and connect the wire to 0 and the wire to 3 to the two terminals of the new bell.

http://help.tradingdepot.co.uk/electrical/friedland/technical-information.pdf

But telephone cable isn't the proper stuff for wiring bells, and I'd be surprised if a Byron bell is better than a Friedland.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back