Simple Electric Design tool??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered whether anyone knew of a simple CAD type tool that will allow me to draw a basic plan and place on the outlets that I will be having in my new house. I dont need it to design circuits or calculate voltage drop etc. Purely just enough to draw the plan outline and then add in all the symbols representing the outlets, switches, fans etc etc

I know this can be done in Auto CAD but I was after a simpler tool if there is such a thing??

Regards

D

Sponsored Links
There is Microsoft Visio - not sure of the price but is very good and simple for doing network diagrams and is also good for electrical.

Can it do the basic plan as well - doorways,walls, dimensions etc??

D

yes - has all the required items for the building structure, services, furniture, applianced etc etc drag and drop as needed, automatically display the dimensions as you resize them

Sponsored Links
do not know if it will do what you want but somebody on here recommended "google sketch up", apparently it is free. Try searching the forum.

Thanks gents - will give Google Sketchup a go.

Regards

D

Visio is very expensive and (unless you use it all the time) rather a pain.

Powerpoint?
MT%20Electrics2.jpg

You may consider exploring the use of connectors (under 'autoshapes' ) and objects in M$ progs .... Useful to drag an object with connection line remaining attached.

Connexions.jpg

:cool:

Is that "clippit" I see in that screenshot. :evil:

Does that location mean what I think it does :LOL: (not noticed before)

Probably.. I hope it is an annoyance.

Yes.

:D

Thanks gents.

I have Visio somewhere so I may take alook at that. I have now done the plan in a very basic home designer piece of software and have managed to get it printable onto A4. I think I will scan it as an image and add the bits and pieces I need using MSPaint.

D

Sponsored Links
Back