Simultaneous Showers off One Combi - ADVICE Required PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a house in Cornwall to run it as a B&B. I am on a practically £0 budget and will be doing all the plumbing work for the heating myself.

I have been advised the best way for my house, would be to have two combi boilers, one heating the water for kitchen, utility room and two shower rooms and their taps as well as half of the house's radiators (aprox.10 ) and a second combi running another two showers and the other half of the house's raditors ( aprox.10 ).

We have very good water preassure.

MY QUESTIONS ARE;

1 - Which boiler out there will cope with 2 Showers being used simultaneously ? What Kwattage ? Brand ?

2 - Should i buy 2 boilers of a larger KWattage to obtain more hot water ?

I would appreciate any advice from you experts out there, i have realised a dream of buying a dream home but now i cannot afford to heat it or to have hot water, so Am desperately trying to do it all myself....

Thank you very much. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No one in their right mind would recommend combi boilers for that.

Either high output instant gas water heaters or a hot cylinder, the latter being the usual solution.

A good mains pressure is irrelevant, you need a good DYNAMIC flow rate.

A good shower needs about 10 li/min and about 24 kW of heating power!

I dont understand how anyone can pay perhaps £600,000+ for a property without keeping £10k to have a proper professionally specified heating system.

Tony

Possibiltity of 4 showers and a couple of taps running at same time off of one cold main to the house forget it.
As Agile says combi would be the last thing to be fitted no matter what output get someone else out to give you advise

thanks for you reply tony, very useful - rather a rude comment at the end there.... but if you must know - have paid £254000 for the house hence it has no central heating !!

Not 600k as you suggest sweetie.

10K is very hard to come by in my world hence why I am doing the work myself. Are you a self build hater by any chance ? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thank you namsag.

I thought it was weird.... this suggestion came from a so called heating and plumbing engeneer.

The majority of them just want to rip me off !!!

I can't find anyone to quote less than 12K for the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back